What makes sambal fried rice recipe so unique and great? It mixes ingredients and flavors from Malay, Chinese, Indian, and Nyonya cuisine, creating a truly Malaysian dish that's sure to be loved by everyone who tries it. In fact, fried rice can be considered a fast food in Asia - it's very easy to prepare and cook, and, because it uses all natural ingredients, it's healthy for you as well!
When it comes to making good sambal fried rice, make sure you use leftover rice that's been left in the fridge overnight, or at least rice that's been allowed to cool for at least a few hours. You may ask why is this so important? My advise is that the rice becomes firm because cooling it will get rid of excess moisture, which makes it much, much easier to separate and cook when you're making fried rice. If you use freshly-made rice, right from the rice-cooker, you'll get "mushy fried rice" instead.
Khimyan Curry's Sambal Sauce For Vegetable is made according to an old nyonya recipe, and it's one that you won't be able to resist. As many of you may agree, fried rice is not haute-cuisine. In fact, it's a dish that's supposed to be made from leftovers. So feel free to use any leftover ingredients in your fridge: shrimp, chicken, seafood, vegetables and so on. The only suggestion is that they are "dry" - avoid using "wet" ingredients like leftover sauce. The fried rice should always be light and fluffy, never "wet and mushy". Enjoy!
This Hot and Spicy Sambal Fried Rice Recipe serves 4
- 4 cups cooked rice (leftover or sufficiently cold)
- chicken sausage
- 2 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 4 egg omelette
- 1 packet Khimyan Curry's Sambal Sauce for Vegetable
- Heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a saucepan. Add the Khimyan Curry's Sambal Sauce for Vegetable and sauté under medium heat until fragrant.
- Add the chicken sausage, squid, shrimp, followed by 4 cups of the rice. Pan-fry on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the egg into the rice, mix the ingredients well, pan-fry under medium heat for another 2 minutes.